Tuesday, April 3, 2012

French Speaking Day (4 - the lunch): Yogurt Cake with apples and nuts


During my French Speaking Day, I decided to cook for the people who will come to see my presentation. I will start with this reciped and will continue for the next six dishes I made. As I didn’t do it on myself, I will tell you where I get it. Mind you, the links might be in French.
I choose to make a dessert that is really easy to do with kids. Since we don’t have to worry to convert cups, ounces, grammes, young ones can help. You can include some fruits, the flavour they like or something you want them to try. It will be in a fun environment sot hey won’t be pressure to eat it as if i twas during one of the daily meals.
I choose this recipe of « Yogurt Cake with apples and nuts » from the website « marmikid », whose recipes are made by children for children. It’s a very good start to make them change their habits.

Preparation : 20min, cooking : 30 to 40 min (depends on your oven)
Ingredients (for 8 people)
For the basis :
-1 pot of plain or flavoured yogurt of about 125/150 grs (the empty pot will served as the measuring cup)
-1,5 pot of sugar,
-2 teaspoons of vanillia sugar
-3 pots of wheat flour
-1 packet of baking powder or 2 teaspoons
-3 eggs
-3/4 of a pot of sunflower oil
For the flavouring :
-1 big apple
-100grs of walnuts or pecan nuts

Instructions
Pre-heat the oven at 180°C /360°F
In a big salad bowl, mix the yogurt and the sugar
Add the pots of flour one by one and then the baking powder
Repeat the action with the eggs, one by one
And then finish with the oil
For the flavour, peal and cut the apple into small cubes. Add everything to the above preparation and mix
Pour the preparation in your mold. Grease it if it’s not a silicon mold.
To decorate your cake, add the nuts on top of the cake.
Bake it in the middle rack for around 30 to 40min, depending on the power of your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment